Camelback Computer Architecture offers thorough, reliable and confidential patent analysis. Dr. Alpert has worked on over a hundred patent applications and assessments, and has offered expert testimony at trial or deposition for dozens of patent cases. This combination of technical and legal analysis makes the firm’s patent consulting one of the strongest in the field.
As the principal architect of Intel’s Pentium® Processor, and named inventor of over 35 U.S. patents, Dr. Alpert offers both a high level of technical insight and experience, as well as an ability to work well and collaborate with other experts in a variety of fields. For patent analysis, we offer advice and strategy through defining and identifying goals in addition to providing thorough technical and legal analysis.
Whether you are an attorney involved in patent litigation, or a corporation or individual looking for help evaluating a patent, Camelback Computer Architecture is uniquely qualified to address your needs. We understand the importance of providing our clients with comprehensive technical analysis, communicating effectively, and providing our reports and analysis within deadline.
What we offer:
- Validity analysis: prior art search, claim charts, technical issues related to conception, inventorship, inequitable conduct
- Infringement analysis of complex systems, including analysis of Verilog, VHDL, schematics, and system software source code .
- Confidential analysis of patents and patent applications for technical merits
- Expert reporting and advice on the technological aspects as well as the relevant legal or business-related issues to consider
More About Dr. Alpert
More than 20 years of experience leading product development at Zilog, National Semiconductor, and Intel resulting in revenues of multi-billion dollars.
See a summary of Technical Highlights
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from MIT where he became a member of Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu
- Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University where he studied computer design and was awarded a prestigious fellowship by the National Science Foundation.
Undergraduate and graduate classes in computer architecture as a consulting professor or faculty associate at Stanford, Tel Aviv, and Arizona State Universities.
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Systems
- Personal Computers
- Embedded Systems
- Memory Systems
- I/O Systems
- Instruction Sets
- Media Processing
- Power Management
- Digital Design
Expert Witness Clients
- Applied Micro Circuits
- Intellectual Ventures
- LG Electronics
- Maxim Integrated Products
- SK Hynix
- ST Microelectronics
- Sun Microsystems
- Senior Member of IEEE
- Served as Chair and Vice-Chair of the IEEE Technical Committee on Microprocessors and Microcomputers
- Hot Chips Symposium Program Committee Chair
- Microprocessor Report editorial board
Publications and Presentations
- Architecture of the Pentium Microprocessor (1993)
- Influential Architectures and National Semiconductor Swordfish on Mark Smotherman’s site for computer architecture history
- The Future of Microprocessor Architecture keynote at Cool Chips I (1998)
- Scalable Micro-supercomputers based on the article in Microprocessor Report (2003)
- Anthem College Commencement Address (2009)
See complete list of publications on CV
Inventions and Patents
- 5,416,913, Method and apparatus for dependency checking in a multi-pipelined microprocessor
- 5,442,756, Branch prediction and resolution apparatus for a superscalar computer processor
- 5,475,824, Microprocessor with apparatus for parallel execution of instructions
- 5,479,652, Microprocessor with an external command mode for diagnosis and debugging
- 5,481,751, Apparatus and method for storing partially-decoded instructions in the instruction cache of a CPU having multiple execution units
- 5,559,986, Interleaved cache for multiple accesses per clock cycle in a microprocessor
- 7,389,403, Adaptive Computing Ensemble Microprocessor Architecture
See complete list of patents on CV